A revolutionary plant-based baby formula has arrived!
ELSE nutrition has just released their new plant-based Complete Nutrition for Toddlers that is dairy-free and also: organic, gmo-free, soy-free, corn-syrup-free, and gluten-free.
So, even though I have been out of the toddler stage for quite a few years, I see the interest in a quality soy-free formula. With close to 16K members in our PPF group, questions about dairy-free fomula come up frequently.
ELSE nutrition reached out to me to review their toddler nutrition product. As you know, I’m not big on sponsored posts. I do them only on occasion. This is an exciting and innovative product, and I wanted to share and help get it to your area!
I didn’t use formula when the girls were young. However, if I needed it, I wish this option had been available. Even as an extra supplement between 18 months and 2-3 years, it would have been handy.
That was over a decade ago. In recent years we have seen an explosion of vegan and plant-based products.
Yet, babies and toddlers have largely been left out of the equation. Thankfully, ELSE has stepped up to the plate for toddler nutrition – and an infant formulation will follow!
Why ELSE Complete Nutrition for Toddlers is unique
As I mentioned, this formula already ticks a lot of boxes for folks. It’s organic, non-gmo, has no corn syrup, no soy, gluten or palm oil.
Even more impressive? 92% of ELSE Complete Nutrition is made from 3 ingredients: almonds, buckwheat, and tapioca.
What’s NOT in this formula:
❌ protein isolates, highly processed extracts, isolated single amino acids or GMO ingredients
❌ purified external oil blends
❌ chemical processing to isolate or breakdown the ingredients (common in traditional dairy and soy-based formulas)
❌ highly processed ingredients
What IS in this formula:
✅ real whole foods in their natural form
✅ protein, fat and carbohydrates to support growth & development
✅ phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals that are more abundant when they come from a whole food
But how does ELSE complete nutrition taste?
That’s a good question! Although I don’t have wee ones, I reached out for help in a local vegan group.
I connected with a mom that was interested in trying the product. ELSE complete nutrition is recommended for toddlers (12 months – 3 years), not infants. Quite a perfect fit, as this vegan mom was looking for a soy-free option for her 24 month-old boy.
Here’s her report:
- Taste: Wee boy liked it straight away. ELSE describes the flavor as “neutral with a light sweetness”.
- Ease of Use: Formula required a little more shaking to properly mix it, some clumps can form, but this was a minor consideration.
- Versatility: With its neutral flavor and nutritional profile, it’s great to use in green and fruit smoothies.
- Cost: On par with higher-quality formulas (dairy included) on the market.
Even though I don’t have wee ones, curiosity got the better of me! mixed it up to see for myself. I cannot compare to other formula, but it dissolved well and mixed okay, even with a spoon. The mixture settled somewhat, however it incorporated easily enough when mixed again.
Additionally, I tasted it. 🙃
I mean, it’s just a mix of almond, buckwheat, and tapioca with vitamins and minerals. It had a slightly bland but pleasant flavor, therefore I can imagine toddlers loving it.
ELSE Complete Nutrition FAQs
- We have nut allergies, does ELSE have a nut-free formula?
- At this time, no. From my own experience and research, nut products can be introduced between 12-18 months. Furthermore, while almonds are tree nuts and have some allergenic risk, they have the lowest percentage of allergies in the tree-nut family.
- Why is there a concern about soy? I thought soy was okay?
- Soy is only a concern when it’s non-organic / genetically modified. However, some people have soy sensitivities, or simply want to diversify components of their diet. This soy-free complete nutrition product offers that option.
- Are there any artificial flavors or colors?
- No, Else does not use any artificial or synthetic flavorings or colorings.
- Does the packaging have any BPA or phthalates?
- No, the formula packaging does not contain any harmful chemicals, BPA, or phthalates of any kind.
- How much does it cost?
- One 22 oz (36 servings) container sells online for $40. You can get 25% off that price via THIS LINK with the code DREENA25
Have other questions? Leave it in the comments below!
Finally, for a little fun… ELSE sent along this super cute bib with the sample product. I almost wanted a wee babe to put it on!
#almost 😉 Instead, I settled for Sherlock. 🐈 #plantbasedburpsonly 😆
Please share your experiences with formula, and any other questions you have.
Of course, be sure to share this post with friends looking for plant-based baby formula. Bonus: don’t forget 25% off online orders with code DREENA25
I’ll be back with more food goodies soon. x Dreena
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ELSE Nutrition. The opinions and text are all mine.