Creamy Cashew Dip
Recipe from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan!
wheat-free, gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free
photo credit: alive magazine
This dip is just a little sweet and so kids will love to dunk fruit and veggies into it. But, don’t think it’s just kid fare… adults will delight in this dip too!
1/2 cup cashew butter (see note)
2/3 cup non-dairy yogurt (see note)
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or agave nectar
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon (rounded) cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to a mini food processor and puree until very smooth. You can also mix by hand, whisking until very smooth and well incorporated, but if you have a mini processor it is much faster and easier to do.
2. Serve with:
– slices or sticks of pineapple, melon, banana, apple, pear, orange segments
– vegetable sticks including cucumber, carrot, jicama, or celery
– lightly sweetened crackers (ex: Health Valley Amaranth Crackers), sweet breads, or mini-bagels.
1) Other nut butters can be substituted for the cashew butter, including almond butter or a natural peanut butter.
2) Opt for a coconut or almond yogurt for a soy-free option. Choose either plain or vanilla yogurt.
3) If using fruits that quickly oxidize and turn brown (ex: apples, pear), toss them in a little freshly squeezed lemon juice diluted with water, or orange juice.