Top Of The Muffin To YOU! Delicious, easy, and fun to make, these muffin tops are vegan, whole-grain and oil-free.
Who knew this would be one of the recipes in Dreena’s Kind Kitchen getting so much attention?
When I created this recipe for Top Of The Muffin To You!, it was one of those inspired kitchen moments. I pulled out some cooked sweet spud and overripe banana, and got to mixing.
Of course, I didn’t write down the measurements. 🙄
When our youngest tried them she said “mom I love these, are they a new recipe?“…
I said, “no, I just winged it“. She replied, “you always do that, mom! You need to write them down.“
Wise words. 🤩 #weegan
But some of the best recipes emerge from me winging it.
And, after many years of creating recipes, I prefer cooking and even baking more intuitively.
Yet, recipes need to be recorded. Thankfully I was able to remember the components of these Top of The Muffin To YOU! and recreate them.
Top of the Muffin TO YOU! segment from Seinfeld
After I made these muffin tops, I just couldn’t resist dubbing them with the full name: Top Of The Muffin To YOU!
Now, shortly after Dreena’s Kind Kitchen was released, I had notes from people making these muffin tops. Including Tami from Nutmeg Notebook. She’s been making them as healthy snacks for her grandchildren. 💚
At first, I thought the recipe was getting attention because of this…
But, it turns out this isn’t the reason. Rather, the recipe and name itself catches the eye!
As for the photo mishap, you have all been very understanding about this issue. Thank you. As promised in the video, I’m now posting the recipe along with several photos.
Recipe Note: In my video that I use my Blendtec to puree the banana and sweet potato. In the recipe, I direct you to mash the banana/sweet potato. You can do either, I like the ease of pureeing in my twister jar. Your choice! If you are looking into buying a Blendtec or twister jar, use this Blendtec coupon code at checkout (20% off): YAY-BLENDTEC
Please click one of the recipe photos and print it off for your cookbook. Enjoy the recipe. x Dreena
Are you loving Dreena’s Kind Kitchen? I would appreciate your positive review on amazon.
Top of the Muffin to You!
- 1 cup mix of sliced cooked yellow sweet potato flesh cooled, and sliced ripe banana (see note)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla nondairy yogurt see note
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pure maple syrup see note
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 11/2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, mash the sweet potato and banana together. Add the nut butter and mix, then mix in the yogurt and maple syrup (or puree these wet ingredients in twister jar). Add the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until just combined. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to place generous mounds of the batter on the prepared baking sheet, spaced a couple of inches apart. You should get 8 or 9 mounds. If using the topping, mix the oats and sugar together with your fingers in a cup or small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the batter mounds. Bake for 18–19 minutes, until set to the touch. Remove and let them cool on the pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.