Celebrate the holiday weekend with this fantastically delicious raw and healthy vegan strawberry pie! This recipe is also dairy-free, gluten-free, oil-free, and made with whole food ingredients.
When a reader shared her recent love and photo of my Raw Strawberry Pie on my facebook page, I knew I wanted to post the recipe.
This vegan pie from Let Them Eat Vegan is absolutely perfect. Not only is it seasonal, beautiful, fragrant and delicious – there is no cooking required.
Perfect summer food!
This strawberry pie is so festive for the May long weekend, and also for Canada Day and 4th of July.
Since we live in White Rock, we are right on the border of Washington State. We can take in the celebrations for both national holidays.
The kids absolutely love getting double-duty fireworks in the summer. Me… I’m not the biggest fan of fireworks. I liken myself to animals that are very sensitive to sounds. 🤓
What we all do enjoy this time of year, however, is this Vegan Raw Strawberry Pie.
This dessert takes full advantage of seasonal strawberries. It’s beautiful to look at, and better to eat.
I love it with a scoop of “Lemon-Scented Coconut Whipped Cream” (from LTEV), or a touch of vanilla vegan ice cream.
The recipe follows, along with a few other sweet and savory vegan food ideas for your weekend fun.
Instead of Vegan Strawberry Pie
Have a hankering for a different, yet still festive vegan treat? Here are some top picks:
- Layer my Raw Raspberry Almond Pudding as parfaits with non-dairy yogurt OR Lemon-Scented Whipped Cream (LTEV) along with fresh raspberries and/or blueberries!
- Enjoy Strawberry-Goji Smoothies with fresh berries on top!
- Nothing more American than apple pie, right? Us Canucks love it too.
- Have you forgotten about my Snifferdoodles? Sandwich vanilla ice cream between those cookies for very fun, and very delicious ice cream cookie sandwiches. Now that’s party fare!
Hope you enjoy either the pie – or these other dessert ideas. Enjoy, x Dreena
Vegan Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates packed
- ¼ tsp sea salt scant
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh strawberries measured whole if small, or cut in half if large; these are for filling, you will need extra for garnishing if desired
- 3/4 cup raw cashews see note, unsoaked
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup start with 3, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Couple pinches sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest stir in after pureeing
- Extra strawberries for garnishing optional
- Prepare the crust: Place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse briefly until crumbly and the mixture will hold together when pressed with your fingers. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie plate, pressing it evenly into the pan.
- Prepare the filling: Place all the filling ingredients, except the lemon zest (and starting with 3 tablespoons of the agave nectar/maple syrup), in a high-powered blender (I use Blendtec). Puree for a minute or so at medium-high speed until completely smooth and no texture of the cashews remains. Taste, and add the remaining tablespoon of agave, if needed, to sweeten, and puree again.
- Once smooth, stir in the lemon zest. Pour the filling into the crust, then cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place the pie in the freezer for at least 5 to 6 hours to set. After this time, the pie will be partially set, but can be sliced. You can freeze it longer, and remove the pie about 20 minutes before serving, to slice easily.
P.S. I have some savory vegan recipes too!
- Chickpea Ratatouille: It’s certainly bright and colorful and boasting red. Maybe add a bowl of blue corn chips on the side for a 4th of July potluck?
- Veggie Burgers: Hearty recipes for burgers that HOLD together, and are full of flavor!
- Dips: From a Creamy Artichoke Spinach, to Hummuses (Hummu? Hummi? we need a plural, people!), and Olive Tapenade, this dippy gal has got you covered!
- Too hot to Cook?: Try one of these cool, hearty salads – or quickly transform your greens, leftover grains, and spuds with these no-cook pasta sauces or an oil-free dressing!