Fragrant, tender Lemon Cranberry Muffins! Perfect for snacking, breakfast, or a special brunch. Dairy-free, vegan, nut-free, whole-grain, and oil-free.
This just out of the oven:
Lemon Cranberry Muffins!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new muffin recipe.
Occasionally I want to bake something other than chocolate.
Not often, but it happens. 😬
On those rare occasions, I lean towards something cinnamon-y or citrus-y.
These Lemon Cranberry Muffins are delightful. Mixing the batter, you take in the aroma of the fresh lemon zest. Then, your house is filled with the sweet citrus aroma as it bakes.
With a tender crumb and just-sweet-enough, these muffins are perfect for breakfast, snacking, or a special brunch.
Hope you enjoy… and Merry Christmas my friends! x Dreena
Lemon Cranberry Muffins
- 1 cup whole-grain spelt flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 11/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- 1/3 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, oat flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, milk, and lemon juice. Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir through until just combined. Scoop into a muffin tray with muffin liners (parchment liners work well), filling 12. Bake for 19-22 minutes, until set and golden. Remove and let cool in the muffin pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
photos credit: Nicole Axworthy