Does a healthy chocolate pie exist? Yes! Delicious, rich, made with whole foods plant-based ingredients, this pie is vegan and gluten-free.
Healthy Chocolate Pie? Yes indeed!
This chocolate pie is made with such wholesome ingredients that it can be enjoyed for breakfast.
Yet it’s rich and delicious, with a velvety filling and nutty deep-chocolate base.
Who’s in? 🙋🏻♀️🙋🏻♀️🙋🏻♀️
I thought so. 😬
This recipe comes from my 3rd cookbook, Let Them Eat Vegan. Before moving into this recipe, I’m veering off briefly to talk about that book.
A few weeks ago I posted a video about how my publisher has now printed LTEV in black and white. 👎 I’m disappointed, to say the least. It’s important I let you know, in case you order the book – it might be in b&w, sorry.
Now, back to this delicious vegan chocolate pie!
For this chocolate pie I use a food processor to make the crust, and a blender to make the filling. A very frequently-asked-question: Dreena, what blender and food processor do you use?
Of course, many of you know that Blendtec is my blender of choice. I use it every day – sometimes 2-3x/day.
I especially love the Blendtec twister jar, though I use the larger jar for this pie filling. I’ve just picked up the new mini-wildside jar (will be excellent for salad dressings). Check them out!
Furthermore, if you want to purchase a Blendtec OR any accessory, use my code: YAY-BLENDTEC at checkout for 20% off!
Healthy Chocolate Pie: Prep Work
Now, there are a couple of steps to this healthy chocolate pie. It’s not difficult, but there are a couple of steps:
- prep the pie base (I use a food processor) and press into a pie plate
- chill base while making the filling
- make the filling
- if using a Blendtec or other high-speed blender for the filling, it works fast whether using soaked or unsoaked cashews – I like using unsoaked cashews, because then the filling sets up a little more firm with chilling!
- if using a standard blender, you will need to use soaked cashews to get a silky-smooth puree
- puree until silky smooth
- pour the filling into the base, then chill to serve
For serving, this vegan chocolate pie is delightful with fresh berries or a simple berry sauce. If you have LTEV, you’ll find both a fresh berry sauce and warm berry sauce. If you don’t have LTEV, try my Natural Berry Jam.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, friends! x Dreena