Guys!! I feel so behind getting new recipes out for you! Behind on posts in general.
Sometimes I have these grand visions for my work. They roll out so seamlessly in my mind… such as:
- post every week – at least once a week
- start my “weegans” blog (yes, I have the domain)
- create a new e-book
- redesign this blog
- more t-shirt designs
So many ideas, not enough of me to go around.
Since September I’ve been focused on one large project (I’ve mentioned it before, and will share details when I can). Last week, I finalized and submitted all recipes for this project. Ahhhh. Relief! Until the editing process begins, that is.
Yet I have at least a couple of months, and I shall enjoy them! I plan to take a brief blogging break this summer to hang out with the kids without any pressure to deliver blog content or be on social media.
Also, I want to take a couple of weeks to actually tackle one of those grand plans: that oil-free salad dressings e-book. It’s actually been on my mind for some time. I have all the recipes just about ready and need to deliver to my testing squad.
Ultimately, I want to bring you an ebook with a range of healthy salad dressings. Not just creamy, nut-based dressings but also nut-free sauces and vinaigrettes.
Many oil-free sauces and dressings are cashew or nut-based. This ebook will deliver other options so that those of you with nut allergies – or those wanting low-fat vegan recipes – will also have plenty of options.
Update: OIL-FREE salad dressings ebook now available!
Until I get that book in your hands (er, on your laptop), I have this Creamy Orange Salad Dressing for you to play with. I’ve had this dressing in my recipe folder for a while, as I had hoped to include it in Plant-Powered Families. This one happens to be nut-based, but I promise (promise!) that the ebook has many nut-free options.
Prepping this Creamy Orange Salad Dressing is a cinch. It has a short ingredient list, and requires just a couple minutes of blending. Just get your cashews soaked in advance, and you’ll be good to go! The orange juice really lifts this dressing recipe. Sometimes cashew-based sauces, while delicious, can feel a little heavy. The infusion of citrus elevates the flavors and lightens the dressing profile. I think you’ll enjoy it!
Creamy Orange Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews see note
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cashews Note: I soak cashews in advance, in batches, as they take about 4 hours to soak through. But, once you have a large batch soaked, you can store them in the fridge - or better - the freezer. They can be used straight from the freezer in recipes!
- Ideas: For adults, try this dressing massaged into a kale salad with avocado, mandarin segments, sliced green onions, and cubed avocado. Also, drizzle it over cooked quinoa or add a little fresh ginger and toss into rice noodles.
Did you try it? Like it? Please share your feedback or other recipe discussion!
Like this dressing? Also try these: