Introducing the best vegan banana bread recipe that’s been a reader favorite for years!
Not only is this recipe moist and flavorful, but it’s also easy to make, dairy-free, egg-free, made with whole-grain flours, and with a gluten-free option.
This Best Banana Bread is not new. But it’s tried and true!
Since so many of you ask for the recipe (and it’s kind of hidden in this post) I am dedicating a single post to this healthy banana bread recipe.
Now it’s easy to find – easy to make – even easier to eat! 😋
What makes this vegan banana bread different?
So, just why is this banana bread recipe so popular?
Well, I think it’s because this banana bread is:
- pretty much foolproof: I hear from readers about this recipe most weeks
- whole-grain: made with whole-wheat pastry (or spelt) and oat flours
- minimally sweetened: sweetened only with the pureed overripe bananas and our maple syrup
- extra delicious with the chocolate chips! 🍫
Is this banana bread healthy?
Compared to traditional banana bread recipes, yes it is! There are many recipes out there that require eggs, butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar, all of which are high in saturated fats and cholesterol.
This vegan recipe is oil-free and with a gluten-free option, plus it is naturally sweetened with overripe bananas and pure maple syrup. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt give its flavors a natural boost too!
Afterall, it is called BEST Banana Bread.
Need a nudge? Watch my video below to see how easy it is.
Furthermore, if you want that Blendtec Twister Jar (or any Blendtec item), I have arranged a discount with Blendtec. Use code YAY-BLENDTEC at checkout for 20% off any purchase!
Let’s get to the recipe, shall we? enjoy… x Dreena
If you’re looking for more vegan baking ideas, check out these desserts and healthy snacks:
BEST Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or 1 cup + 3-4 tbsp spelt flour for wheat-free version
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pureed overripe banana see note
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp non-dairy mini or regular chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine pureed banana, maple syrup, milk and vanilla. Add wet mixture to dry, and add in chocolate chips (if using), and stir through until just well combined (don’t overmix). Wipe a loaf pan lightly with oil (or use a silicone loaf pan). Pour batter into pan and bake for 43-48 minutes, until golden and a toothpick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Makes 1 quick bread.
This post was originally published March 2021, and updated for October 2021.