Hi guys! Today I’m sharing the 24 Carrot Gold Dressing from Plant-Powered Dressings.
I’ve had great feedback on the dressings ebook, and wanted to share a sample with you all.
Since this 24 Carrot Gold Dressing is so colorful and vibrant, and we are stepping into summer with all its gorgeous produce, this is a dressing I think you’ll love and use over and over – and over!
When I was creating this collection, I wanted to offer a good amount of variety in flavors and ingredients, without overcomplicating the recipes.
This carrot-based recipes is a good example. It uses basic raw carrots, along with a mix of healthy seasonings, to puree into a creamy, vibrant dressing.
Isn’t that color gorgeous? Every time I see this photo, I can’t help but repeat in my head “that’s gold Jerry, GOLD!“
aaaaand that’s why it boasts the name: 24 Carrot Gold Dressing!
To make the dressing, a high-speed blender is definitely a bonus. It just blitzes everything so quickly and smoothly.
I use the twister jar to my Blendtec, because it does such a superb job with small batch purees like this.
If you don’t have a Blendtec, another blender will work. You just may need to double the batch – and also blend longer, longer.
Here’s a vid to show you how!…
Enjoy this recipe, kids! x Dreena
Stay connected: subscribe to my newsletter!
24 Carrot Gold Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw carrot cut in discs or small chunks
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp tahini use full 1 1/2 tbsp for fuller flavor
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt rounded
- 1/2 tbsp chickpea miso (see note) can substitute another mild miso, such as brown rice or barley
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Using a standing blender (high-powered works best to smooth, but regular blender will also work, just puree longer), puree all the ingredients until very smooth. Serve, or refrigerate. Will keep about 4-5 days in the fridge.
video credit: Mihaela Beloreshka
photo credit: Nicole Axworthy